Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Choosing a Name For Our Blog

Several friends recommended we keep a blog about our adventure, and as you see we set one up... however, selecting a name was not that easy, and the reason why it was not up sooner :)

Friend suggestions included such titles as, 'Beejal does Bollywood', 'Parmar Family Time Away', 'The Parmar's Discover India'... and several others which I can not mention. Regardless, none of these really described how we felt about this experience.

I wanted to decide upon a name by the 21st August, the day of our going away concert party so that I could announce the blog name to our friends.

I got the inspiration for the 'Love, Peace, Joy' part while I was working on the slide show for our party 'Decade in San Diego'. As I selected a just a few hundred photos from 16,000 (yup, and most bad photos have been deleted) I experienced one of those 'Ah-ha' moments.

Life is about our journey, and on this journey, what most people really want is to experience love, peace and joy... most will work hard, make many sacrifices, take huge risks, work too makes lots of money, pray for the ideal relationships, and really what they desire is to find/have these 3 things in their life. We all know you can really can't find, love, peace and joy, as these are states of being that we can choose to embrace, not something you can buy in a convenient store, although that would be convenient!

At the same time I also realized that my 3 girls: Yogi (Unconditional Love); Shivani (The Peace Ambassador; and Khushi (Our Bundle Of Joy), are my constant reminders why we do what we do, of those things we seek. Not only do the words 'with Love, Peace, Joy represent these 3 amazing gifts from God, the words also represent that no matter what happens, macro or micro, relevant or irrelevant, ultimately what is important is that we get to choose 'love, peace, joy'.

Having this realization, I knew the words love, peace and joy needed to be in the title.

With these words in place, the other words I played around with were:
-Travel with Love, Peace, Joy
-Discover Love, Peace, Joy
-Journey with Love, Peace, Joy
-Finding Love, Peace, Joy
-Adventure with Love, Peace, Joy

Initially I chose 'Journey With Love, Peace, Joy', (note I left the 'and' out to keep the URL shorter, and while it felt right, I close friend shared that while it 'fit', it did not capture 'me', in the essence of the name, nor did the word journey encapsulate the essence of fun.

Regardless, I was confident we had found the name for our blog, and what we one day hope will be a book. The day after the party we opened a card from a friend, in that card, she wrote, "May your journey be filled with love and peace, and may you always find joy...". Initially I thought this was the confirmation I needed... and even though I had registered the URL: 'JourneyWithLovePeaceJoy.com', and announced it during the party, I decided not to launch the blog.

I could not get the words of my friend, Deypika, out of my mind. Even though I really did not want to change the name, having spent so long coming up with it, I knew well enough to trust her judgment. After all it would not be the first time she had the right intuition.

As I was flicking through my DVD collection looking for a movie to watch I came across the Indiana Jones films, and for those of you who know me, these are some of my favorite films, and Indiana Jones is one of my favorite characters.

What makes for a great adventure? is the constant good times? No! off course not. Its the challenges and how challenges are overcome. Life is an adventure, during which times there will be good times, challenging times, great times and incredible times, regardless, what is really important is who you are being.

Don't get me wrong, it's not always easy being with love, peace and joy when you are in the thick of it, but, it is your choice. So after much deliberation we (I) decided upon the name 'Adventure With Love Peace Joy'. This is an adventure I get to take with my love, peace and joy, and on this adventure, I will do my best to be with Love, Peace and Joy, regardless of the challenges that we face.

Too many great adventures...
Wishing you much Love, Peace, and Joy!

-Beejal

No comments:

Post a Comment